Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Red Hats & Mardi Gras

Marguerite and I hosted the Red Hats girls today at my house. Bud and Ray cooked omelets in a bag for eighteen girls. We had fruit salad and pecan rolls, ate until we couldn't eat anymore and then we played Left, Right, Center. We also had a white elephant gift exchange. I got a really nice barbecue set. I also won the 50-50 drawing...I think they all had a great time.
Then after they all left we got dressed up for Mardi Gra. We met the gang at Spanish Springs Square and it was already packed by the time we got there. The outfits that people had were wonderful. We had a great time, had our picture taken by strangers and the newspaper. We all ate at Margueritaville, danced at the square and by then I was too pooped to pop. Linda really enjoyed the festivities.
This morning we lots of food left over from the Red Hats so the gang came for breakfast, more omelets in the bag, etc. We ate, laughed and ended up outside just shooting the breeze until around 2 p.m. Linda packed up and left and I just sort of vegged out for a while. Then I made macaroni salad for the Ohio Club potluck tonight.
By 5 o'clock we were on the road again to go to the Lake Miona Rec Center. We had a large table of friends and the entertainment was awesome. So now I am almost falling asleep while I am writing this. I have to go to work to rest up.....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Can you post the omelets in a bag recipe on here or e-mail it to me. My brother loves omelets and I'd like to give him the recipe.