Monday, February 16, 2009

St. Valentines Day in the Villages

On Saturday morning Bud went with Jim and Mike to help Rod install his kitchen plumbing. They got it done before we had to go to the Polo Field for our Valentine Day show.
We went with some of our friends and they have been advertising for a month, decent price, it sounded so good. Wrong!!!. First they said we couldn't tailgate so we didn't. Well, lots of people did, they set up their tables right where other people could have seen better and heard better. We sat up our chairs and then checked out what was advertised as crafts and vendors. Wrong!! Same old vendors we have at the square four times a week. That's exciting. The acts were okay, nothing special so after about three hours of sitting in the hot sun (92 degrees) we left.
We went home home and got our golf clubs and golfed on Chula Vista. We had a great time and golfed until we couldn't see the ball anymore.
On Sunday I worked and then we went to Lowe's in Ocala because our Lowe's didn't have what Bud needed. He has most of the plantation shutters up and they look fantastic. We had verticals but they were original to the house, nice but they really dated the place. This house is getting to look like a little Florida doll house, really cute, I think. Then we went bowling and had a blast. We took three points from the second place team. We only lost the last game by 30 pins. I finally bowled every game a little over my average. That sure helps the team.
Today, Monday, I worked. We were really busy, almost like a Sunday. I am sure glad I have three days off, got lots of things planned....

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I love plantations shutters. You have to take some pictures so I can see how they look!