Saturday, August 8, 2009

Three Days At Houghton Lake

Pam, Bud and I spent three days at Houghton Lake. We went out to dinner at Shaker's and had wonderful Broasted Chicken. The next day it was too cold and windy to take the pontoon out so Bud just did repairs for Sandy and we just went shopping. It has been a very cool summer up north and even the farmers are saying their crops are just not growing. We went to the neighbors bonfire and watched a movie called "Obsession". It was good but not as good as "Fatal Attraction". We took a very long boat ride on Thursday and the weather was gorgeous. But then we had to leave as both of us had doctor's appointments on Friday morning. When me and Pam walked into the garage when we got home, she said, "Do you hear that buzzing?" I said maybe something was left on so we looked around and bees had made a nest on the garage wall, right through the wall from the outside. There were thousands of bees in there.
Bob and Ruth were in our backyard by then and he came and helped Bud spray them. There were bees everywhere. We sprayed again before we went to bed and today Bud removed the wall and got rid of the hive and all the eggs. Now that wasn't there when we left so in three days they did all that. Sometimes I am afraid to go away, every time we get home it is something new.
On Friday night I made dinner for Bob and Ruth and we played Mexican Train. Today we got up to rain and it rained all day.
Tonight we just stayed home and I made a Rachel Ray recipe I saw her make on television. It was pretty good. I would change a few things if I ever make it again. Tomorrow it is suppose to be ninety six degrees. We have went from having to wear our winter clothes to our bathing suits in five days. Welcome to Michigan......

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That bee story really freaked me out! ICK!