Sunday, September 12, 2010

A Beautiful Summer Day In Michigan

It was gorgeous here today. Just right.
I spent the day at home mostly, cooking and cleaning up. I tried a new recipe for Apple Strudel using zucchini instead of apples.Of course nothing is ever easy for me. I thought I had nugmeg and when I looked it was cream of tarter so I had to go to town. When I got home I started putting it together, started measuring out the flour and oh,no there were little bugs in it. So I had to run to town again. It is two miles to a little carry-out (our only grocery store in BFE) so I had to pay through the nose for some flour. After all of that it turned out pretty good.
Steve went to the Park & Shine at GM Hydramatic in Toledo. He said they had about 2000 classic cars attending.
We took some strudel into Toledo to the in-laws. Now tonight I have been on the computer and Bud is watching TV.
A very relaxing day here in beautiful Michigan.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

We didn't have time to hit the classic car show yesterday because we were at the football field. Jakey is REALLY, REALLY into cars lately and he would have loved to attend.
Hopefully we can attend the one in Lambertville at the end of the month for him.
Welcome back to bloggie world!!!