Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Tuesady and Wednesday-Fabulous

On Tuesday it was downright beautiful again here in the Villages. I went to the pool in the afternoon and then we met the Ohio Club at Bone Fish Restaurant for an early dinner. Bill and Eva sat with us and the food was excellent.
On Wednesday we got up really early, packed our coolers and took off for our monthly adventure. We decided to rent a pontoon boat and go down the St. John's River in search of wildlife and have lunch at a place along the way. We had such a beautiful day, you couldn't have ordered one better. We got the boat okay, Rod was cruising down the river and a river ranger turned on his siren and pulled us over. I guess we were going too fast, we should have been in idle but we didn't know that. We thought we were going slow enough. Well, he didn't give us a ticket but he posed for a picture trying to put handcuffs on Rod. Oh, my God, we had lots of laughs over that. We ate and drank and laughed all day. We started our trip at 8 a.m. and got off the boat at 5 p.m. We stopped and had lunch at the Swamp Water Inn. Then we went to Jane's and had dinner.
I have never seen that many alligators. You couldn't pay me enough to get in that water. They were everywhere. The scenery is fabulous but give me a good old Michigan Lake any day.....
So I am sunburned and warm and tired.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'd love to be sunburned and warm in March! Lucky duck! lol
I too wouldn't be getting in that water with all them reptiles in there. ICK!