Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of School

Today was Dakota's first day of school. He will be attending Young Fives and he will go all day. He passed the test for kindergarden but then he would have been the youngest in his class and it won't hurt to start him next year. He called last night and told me how excited he was to go to big boy school. It is funny how things have changed over the years. I don't believe my dad even knew what school we went to and Bud would have never even thought of taking time off to take my kids to school. It just wasn't done back then. If a man had a job, he went to work, barring an emergency. Rob went in late to walk Dakota to school, that is so nice that he is able and wants to do that kind of things with his son. Dakota is lucky to have good parents.
I spent the day doing errands, making phone calls and playing with my Skype. It rained most of the day so I made homemade vegetable soup. It was excellent if I do say so myself. So now we have to eat it for at least three more days.

No comments: