Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Busy Busy Busy

After shuffleboard all of went to Bob Evans to eat to celebrate another shuffleboard season come and gone. We finished about fourth from the bottom. Oh well, there is always next year.
On Friday the entire neighborhood went to the Olive Garden for dinner and then over to Bob and Meridith's for dessert. What a nice evening we all had.
On Saturday we golfed at Pelican, I should have stayed home, it is such a hard course, way too many sand traps, water and brush to go over. Then we didn't go to lunch with everyone but instead hurried over to the Polo Field for a golf cart poker run for charity with the Parrot Head Club. There were 900 golf carts entered and then they had hot dogs, etc. for everyone. We were so hungry that at one of the stops, Arnold Palmer Golf Course we stopped and had hamburgers out on the patio. What a great view there is there. Then we continued the poker run. None of us had a good hand...Oh well, it was for charity.
On Sunday I worked, the busiest day for the season so far. It was Palm Sunday and sort of raining so we were packed to the max. In the evening we had our last night of bowling. Two of Jane's sons are in town and they came to cheer us on. They were even doing the wave. We took one game and total pins, losing the other two games, one by eight pins and one by nine pins. That really hurts.
On Monday I worked, my co-worker was sick so I had to do all the running, it was not pretty.
By the time I got home I was pooped.
Tuesday Bud worked at the neighbors and I spent the afternoon at the pool. How wonderful. We had a five thirty tee time at Walnut Grove with Pam and Rod. We played a scramble and they won by two strokes. What a nice golf course. Bud said we have played there before but I sure don't remember that. Then they came over to eat dinner, I had made home made vegetable soup and tuna fish sandwiches. Anna and Bill came over also and we talked until eleven o'clock. It was a great day.
Today I am doing laundry and getting ready to go to the pool..

No comments: