Sunday, July 26, 2009

Babysitting Dakota

I spent most of the day with Dakota today. He is such a cute kid with energy to spare. I took him to Carr Park and he made friends right away with a little girl and they had a ball on all of things that the park has to offer. Playgrounds sure are different from when I was a kid. We had a few swings and a teeter-totter on cement and if you fell off, well, oh well. You ended up crying or getting stitches. Now all the equipment is on wood chips about a foot deep. You sink in when you walk. Everything is made of plastic and there was at least one parent for every kid there. My mom would send us to the park and we would be gone all day. She never even checked on us. Just be home for dinner. It is a different world today.
We went shopping and then to Pam's and Dakota beat Pam bowling on the WII game. It is pretty sad when you can't beat a four year old.
I have to go to the dentist first thing in the morning. I sure dread that. Jim and Jane from the Villages should be here around noon. It will be so good to see them.

No comments: