Wednesday, July 15, 2009

My Brother-In-Law Had His Surgery

I spent the day with Pam, Jason, Jessica and the kids at St. Ann's Hospital. Dave had his hip surgery and they scraped his hip and took off the bone spurs, etc. He wasn't feeling too good when he woke up from surgery. He was freezing cold and shivering and in pain. They gave him a really warm blanet and some morphine so we left so he could go back to sleep. Jason's kids were there the whole time and they were wonderful. If everyone's kids acted like that there would be a million more kids running around. They are delightful to be around.
We went to lunch and then I came home.
Today I went grocery shopping and then went to Pam's to check on Dave. He was walking a little with his crutches and still in pain. They gave him Perocets and then he went to bed.
Tonight we just played on the computer, finished my book, cleaned up the kitchen and did a scrapbooking page. Can't wait until our company from the Villages come this weekend.
Steve, Anna, Scott, Evelyn and Matt are leaving in the morning for St. Louis to attend an AMC Car Show. They are hauling their cars, I sure hope they have a good time and good weather.

No comments: