Monday, July 20, 2009

Pam & Rod

Pam and Rod came on Saturday afternoon.It was so good to see them. We went to Brenda's to eat and then to Pam and Dave's to play Mexican Train. Then our brother-in-law Chuck came to visit for a while and then Jason, Jessica and the kids came so our Mexican Train game had to be put on hold. We went outside and played Corn-Hole. We had fun but what really was fun was watching JoJo do her card magic tricks. She did it for me at the hospital and fooled me and she fooled both Pam and Rod. We had lots of laughs over that. I thought they were staying until Monday morning but they had to get home to baby-sit so when we got home Bud and I made our pecans rolls and breakfast casserole at midnight so it would be ready in the morning. I got up early to turn the oven on and I got dizzy and was throwing up. That did me in for the rest of the day. Pam and Dave came over to help get the breakfast going and I laid in my chair. Bud and Rod worked on a wood project in the barn and I laid in my chair, afraid to move my head. Pam watched movies and I laid in my chair. By late afternoon I could move so we went to Bill's birthday party but I wasn't much fun. I sat in my chair. They have a lovely house on the east side of Toledo and Bill has his garage filled to the brim with projects. He is a tinkerer like Bud. He got lots of nice gifts, the food was good but I was way out of it. That medicine just does me in. Today I slept until about 10:30, almost unheard of for me. I just laid around most of the day, I can hardly move. Anna was here and we visited for awhile. Hopefully I will feel better tomorrow. I think right now some sherbet might make me feel better. What do you think? I finished my book by Debbie Macomber. It is a series about a woman that owns a yarn shop. It is the third or fourth book and I really enjoyed it. Just a good woman's book.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

So sorry to hear that you were under the weather, hope you are feeling better! And I love, love, love the new background. I told you it wasn't so hard to do!