Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy Fourth of July

We spent Fourth of July at Pam's house this year again. All my kids went their separate ways, parties at the pond,camping in Traverse City and Steve was camping with his firemen friends. Eva,Bill,Dave and Pam and me and Bud enjoyed a wonderful steak roast and then we played a rousing game of Mexican Train until it was time to go see the fireworks. We went to Jessica's mom's house in Luna Pier right on Lake Erie. The city of Luna Pier put on the fireworks show but the neighbors were having a contest to see which one of them had the best display also. Boy, those people must have spent thousands of dollars. It was fun, really loud and beautiful but I think they have more money than brains. I can't imagine, even if I had it, which I don't, spending that much money on fireworks. Oh well, we enjoyed it and it didn't cost us anything. I have always wanted to live on a lake. I don't suppose that will ever happen.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I'm really glad ya'll could spend some time with us up at Looney Pier! lol