Saturday, January 3, 2009

Friday & Saturday in The Villages

Friday, worked all day, very, very busy. I was pooped when I got home. The neighbors, Barb and Dave came over for dinner. He just loves my cabbage rolls. She won't make them for him, says they are too much work. I really like to make them, so I don't mind.
On Saturday we sort of slept later than usual. We had an 11 a.m. tee time at Oakleigh with the neighborhood golfers. We golfed with Karen and Louie, had a nice time but didn't come in for the money. I did, however, make an excellent putt for a birdie. We had a light lunch at the El Santiago Country Club.
Then we came home, washed our faces and went to Sumter Landing to meet Pam and Rod. They had a huge arts and crafts sale around the whole square and down the side streets. They really had some fine things. Then we went to see the movie "Benjamin Button". It was a great movie. Brad Pitt was wonderful. He is gorgeous in this picture, reminds me of a young Marlon Brando. I thought he was okay before but I sure liked him in this movie. A must see....
Then we walked down to Bravo Pizza and had a late dinner. They certainly have the best pizza.
Our dear friends are now all home from their Christmas trips up north. Mancos, Testes and Godfreys are back. I think I heard from all of them the same thing, never again in the winter. I am just glad they are back
Now when I finish this, I am going to bed.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

The North isn't so bad if you enjoy frigid weather, biting wind, and lots of cold, wet things falling from the skies! lol Glad all your friends are back in the Villages!