Sunday, October 11, 2009

107 Degrees On The Porch Today

The heat wave continues here in Central Florida, no relief until next Friday and then it will drop down to the high eighties....Oh, my isn't that funny..
On Friday I worked and we just stayed home Friday night. On Saturday I golfed with the neighborhood gang and Jane subbed for Bud. We did very well and won the money for the day. Then we went to Mallory Country Club for lunch. After that we went to the Internet Gambling place that opened up near Lowe's. We had fun but didn't win anything. They give you a coupon to lure you in but I don't think we will be going back. Then us girls went to Ocala to Hobby Lobby to get yarn to make Megan a baby afghan. On the way home we picked up Firehouse Subs and a $1 movie from the RedBox and all went to Jane's to watch, "The Soloist" with Jamie Foxx. It was okay but I glad it was only a dollar. They have that surround sound and you couldn't really hear the dialog with all that noise. Guess I am really getting old..
Today I worked and after work the four of us went to Lake Weir to Gator Joe's. It is right on the lake and the food was very good. There was a nice breeze and they have a nice beach there also. We left there and went to the square to hear Norman Lee. It is one heck of a singer and performer.
Now I just lost a game of scrabble to Pam and now I am going to bed.

No comments: