Thursday, October 1, 2009

Next Firday is Bud's Surgery

The doctor's office called today and scheduled Bud's surgery for next Friday. Of course, that is one of my days to work but I am sure I can work it out. What a way to start, taking days off right away.
Today was a nice relaxing day, did some cleaning, laundry and took a walk. This afternoon our shuffleboard team started our season and I won one game out of three.I beat a man and he wasn't too happy about that but the women were tough. I heard they played all summer and that is what you have to do, practice, practice, practice.
I forgot to put in yesterday's blog that we went to a new place for lunch, Five Guys and a Burger. All they have is hamburgs, hot dogs and fries. They use real potatoes, fresh cut. The reason I know is that for a barrier between the wall and the tables, where you stand when you order is lined with fifty pound bags of potatoes. They were tasty and they give you so many fries. We only had one order and between the two of us we couldn't eat them all.
Tonight I made homemade macaroni and cheese, pretty good and plenty for tomorrow. I start working tomorrow and might not feel like cooking when I get home.

No comments: