Friday, October 2, 2009

My First Day Back At Work

Today was my first day back at work. They have made a few changes, fired some people and hired some others. They had lots of drama while I was gone, I should have written a book. It would really sizzle. They changed the computer system and I got a whole five minutes of training but I muddled through. Saw lots of my old customers, they still order the same things, sit in the same sections. I have never went anywhere everyday, day in and day out. You can set your watch by most of them.
They put in Pam's solar tube today. I found a $50.00 coupon so we had to have it done fast before the coupon ran out. It looks really good.
Tonight we went to Sam's Warehouse. It is just about a half mile from here but I just can't get enthused about it. Most of the quantities are way too big for us and I don't think their prices are that great. For instance, roma tomatoes were three pounds for six dollars. That is two dollars a pound, I don't like to pay over ninety-nine cents a pound. You have to really know your prices. It is a big store and quite nice but I won't hurry back.
I also went back to Comcast and signed up for a promotional package, a whole lot of new stations and movies for $36.00 a month for six months. That is less than we were paying for a lot less channels, so why not. Bud will enjoy it while he is convalescing. His surgery had been changed to a week from Tuesday.
Tonight we had re-runs for supper.

No comments: