Monday, October 13, 2008

Two Busy Days

I worked Sunday and was so tired when I got home I didn't even write anything last night. The snowbirds are definitely coming back to Florida. We were extremely busy. Bud did okay and Dave came and checked on him during the day.
Today I worked again and we were packed most of the day. Bud's leg was swollen this morning so he is still sitting with ice wrapped around it.
We had our first show in our concert series tonight so I went alone with the neighbors down the street. First they had Rocky and the Rollers a band that is the number one rock and roll band here in the Villages. Next on was Jay Siegel and the Tokens from the sixties. They were wonderful. They sing the song "The Lion Sleeps Tonight" and they sound as good as did forty five years ago. When I go to things like these "Do-Wop" shows I always thing of my brother and how much he would have enjoyed living here. We could probably find this kind music here every night. He would have loved it here.
Guess I'll go take a shower and call it a night.

No comments: